As it became a practice, I’ll often share the comments and alternative methods sent to me by other subscribers.
Here is a new one by Sharon Levin, South Africa. She is a counselor, Life coach and a Head of the Fibromyalgia Support Network of Southern Africa. For more information about her, please visit her website: http://www.fibromyalgiasa.co.za
I have found personally and with patients, that a holistic protocol for Graves’ Disease and Hashimoto’ diseases, + for that matter, all thyroid malfunctions (under or over-active newly diagnosed before either of the 2 auto immune diseases are definitely diagnosed by an Integrative endocrinologist), is imperative to slow down all symptoms:
ELIMINATE THE FOLLOWING:
1. Clinical Nutrition: ALL iodine in foods, all FLUORIDE and CHLORINE, ALL PRESERVATIVES in foods and drinks.
2. Alcohol – fermentation processes encourage CANDIDA ALBICANS and further disrupt the cells (from tongue to insulin receptors, to pancreas and thyroid gland, upper and lower colon and Enteric Nervous System). Yeast growth/overgrowth is essential to halt at all costs. Wine, whiskey. Brandy – no different in conversions.
3. SUGARS- all to go. Safe is Stevia nutraceutical and sucralose in smaller dosages. Zylatol has not been proven to be helpful. No other sweeteners allowed.
4. In Graves Disease, asthma is shown to be prevalent.
HONEY+ PROPOLIS, is shown in all studies to affect the bronchioli + alvioli and the lungs’ systems as the queen bee leaves POLLEN in all captured honey – whether organic/creamed/etc. The pollen-filled honey disrupts the lung functions, and worsens asthmatic Graves Disease thyroid function. Molasses is the better option.
5. Non-organic MILK, non-organic LAMB, are anathemas in Graves Disease, as is all other MEAT, bar OSTRICH which is free-range.
6. All colas disrupt the function of thyroxine, whether endogenous or given in tablet form. (Sugar, phynelanines, glucose etc and all preservatives and colourants with FIZZ) the problems. Pure apple and pear juices are 100%. Any other pure fruit juices must not contain GRAPE JUICE for the same reason as the grapes in wine will ferment and cause havoc. Ciders – apple and pear again because they are pure will not effect the thyroid. Coming to the Festive Season, do not be lured into the ‘drinking with buddies alure’! Staying well all the time is, with knowledge, in our hands and intelligence must rule! Paying for an elusive ‘pleasure’ will only cause more pain and disruption for sufferers.
7. Teas – Chamomile FLOWERS tea, Cranberry, Raspberry, Elderberry flowers with apple and cinnamon are fantastic assistants for the endocrine system, drunk both hot and cooled!
8. Water – never tap water due to high fluoride, heavy metals, toxins from river effluents world wide. Bottled water is NOT OK unless there is NO SULFUR, NO SODIUM, LOW POTASSIUM, CALCIUM, MAGNESIUM LEVELS. The latest studies show that MOST plastic bottled water hold much bacteria from materials used and are most harmful to the thyroid! Thus advise at worst double boiled water and then cool in GLASS and at best a good water filtration system. Drink a litre of water, plain or with the above teas a day.
9. All WHEAT, GLUTEN AND WHITE FLOURS, RICE, SPUD POTATOES OATS, BARLEY, RYE, SEMOLINA must be eliminated – these are thyroid’s enemies – replace with SPELT, NON- YEAST BREADS ORGANIC BROWN RICE CAKES, NON-SALTED CORN CAKES, QUINOA, POULENTA, MILLET AND SPELT CEREAL AND PORRIDGES, TASMATI/BASMATI RICE AND SWEET AND COOLED BABY POTATOES.
10. Keeping insulin low means keeping a glycaemic load and index ‘in-balance’ for the endocrine system to function better. Thus, when eating orange coloured veg eg pumpkin, use your hand as the diameter =’s a quarter of a palmful only, 3 times a week. Goes for all orange veggies.
1. The best multi mineral and vitamin you can find, watch out that IODINE is very LOW or ELIMINATED within the mineral content of tablet.
2. Ester C, 2-4,000 grams to boost the immune system, divided into 2-3-4 times a day and night, depending on your overall health condition.
3. Thyroid support formula WITHOUT TYROSINE (if one has Hashimoto’s there MUST be L-tyrosine).
4. B Complex, +B5, and B12 specifically.
5. Protect eyes with the best NON –PRESERVATIVE drops and gels for DRY EYES, use hourly if needed, along with 900 UV protection sunglasses, + Solar Shields if necessary (ask optometrist to advise), and Transition lenses for COMPUTER work and MINOR sunlight photophobia. Change computer to color APPLE GREEN BACKGROUND OR SKY BLUE – light too bright on black and white!
6. Take one a day capsule of Lutein, Zeaxathin, bilberry.
7. Ensure 2 am Flax seed capsules and 2 pm, either Krill oil seafood/Omega 3 pure Alaskan / Sardine fish oil/Vegetarian Algae capsules before sleep for optimal ‘oiling and greasing’ of the eyes, the brain systems, the body systems.
8. If you are stressed take the amino acid L-Taurine, 1 am, 1 noon, 1 4pm, 1 before sleep.
The most nvb capsules for graves eye disease and for the continual organ and normal function at optimal levels are : 3,200 mg of pure flax seed omega 3 caps- ie 2 am and 2 pm, krill oil, 1 capsule with algae omega 3 2 am and 2 pm as well as pure omega 3 Alaskan salmon oil or sardine oil.
Eyes must be well lubricated hourly-2 hrly with non-preservative eye gels and drops. The best known to date are the highest viscosity with best drops from ophthalmologists only.
Also, for many other Graves’ Disease and Hyperthyroidism Remedies, check:
Free Articles on Graves’ Disease